Which treatment should I have?
Please get in touch and visit me to discuss treatment options available, talk through what it is you want to achieve and to answer any questions.
Before your appointment
Firstly, you will need to complete an aesthetics medical history and consultation form to establish that it is safe for you to undergo aesthetic treatments. If you answer yes to any of the questions which you believe may prevent you having the procedure, you can contact me to discuss this.
If you are considering anti-wrinkle injectables, these are a prescription only medicine (POM)
You would need to arrange a 10-minute consultation with my prescriber/pharmacist to discuss medical history, any allergies, treatment options and concerns. Then it can be safely prescribed for you.
Preparation for my appointment
Plan for your treatment in advance, taking into consideration any holidays or big events planned.
· Do Not try anti-wrinkle injectables and fillers if you have a major life event within the next 2-3 months as you need to see how you like the injections. They may not be for you, and you don’t want to realise this just before your wedding day for instance.
· To help reduce bruising which can last between 1-2 weeks, an option is to take arnica tablets prior to injections (2 tablets every 2 hours for 5 days).
· Take bromelain supplements 2 weeks prior to treatment as this has been known to reduce bruising and also by eating fresh pineapple, as this contains a good amount of bromelain too.
· Avoid non-steroidal medications, such as ibuprofen, aleve, aspirin, St John’s wort, vitamin, multi-vitamins, fish oils, gingko, flaxseed, ginseng, garlic and glucosamine for 1 week before treatment.
· Do not consume alcohol for 24 hours prior to appointment as it thins the blood and can make bruising worse.
· Do not take vigorous exercise prior to your appointment.
· Do not wear makeup on the day.
How do I book an appointment?
Please call me, email, text or via messenger. I have very flexible working hours and I can accommodate weekend appointments if needed too.
When booking your appointment, I would ask for a deposit, of which is your confirmation of your commitment to attend your appointment, and a payment towards products purchased for your treatment. Once products have been purchased, this deposit will be non-refundable.
If you are unable to attend your appointment for any reason, then you must contact me by telephone as soon as possible and no later than:
24 hours before the scheduled start time for appointments of 60 minutes or less
If you are unwell on the day of your procedure, please inform me as soon as possible and we can reschedule your appointment to a later date.
I will send a text reminder a day or two before your appointment is due.
What should I expect at my appointment?
(During COVID Pandemic, please see COVID-19 guidance on my website)
On arrival you will be greeted with a warm smile and asked to have a seat. We will check your consultation form and talk through your treatment and I shall answer any questions you may have and gain your consent to go ahead. We will also take before and after pictures which would only be shared with your permission. You will be given some aftercare advice and full payment must be made on the day via contactless card reader.
How long will my treatment take?
Treatment times vary from 30-45 minutes but can take up to an hour as everyone is unique and the treatment is always personalised. Please allow extra time as these treatments cannot be rushed as patient safety is paramount.
Will it hurt?
No, it should not hurt as nonsurgical treatments are remarkably easy to have done. These techniques use very fine needles in order to minimise pain and discomfort. The products that I use contain an anaesthetic component which really helps to alleviate pain and ease anxiety also.
If you are having dermal fillers, these too, have anaesthetic in, but you should also apply a numbing cream about 1 hour before treatment.
Are these treatments safe to have?
The clinician carrying out your procedure is a trained nurse and Aesthetics practitioner, so you are in the best hands, although all treatments carry some risks. Remain assured that the best products are used and are always brought from a reputable pharmacy. Techniques are specialised to ensure the risk to the patient is minimal.
Payment methods Accepted
All payments will be taken on the day of treatment. We accept debit and credit card payments and bank transfers. If you would like to pre-pay for your treatment, please contact me for details.
What are the do’s and don’ts after treatment?
· Do not touch, massage or rub the treated area for at least 24 hours unless you are instructed to as the product can move to other areas.
· No facials of any sort, sun beds, saunas or very hot showers for at least 48 hours.
· Try not to expose your face to the hot sunshine, at least until swelling or redness has gone down.
· It is advisable not to wear makeup for 24 hours or face creams with retinol or hyaluronic acid.
· Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
· Do not lie down, but remain upright for at least 4-6 hours after treatment
You will be given printed aftercare advice before you leave so don’t worry.
Do I need a follow up?
You do not need a follow up, but if you want to discuss any aspect of your treatment or have any concerns, I will be more than happy to see clients, talk on the phone or use digital consultation if more convenient. I will be contactable after treatments as this is very important.
Please read the document to see how we store and keep your data safe.
ANY MORE QUESTIONS?
Please contact me:
Telephone: 07817 612703
See my website for any other information: